Fotoget blogspot homepage

Feel the music. Simply, music is to feel

Music is to feel not either to weigh or to compare

I do not even know what the blue is or how the jazz is like. I just know there are voices, there are mixed works with the melodies making me feel crazy or moved, or sometimes weep tears while I am enjoying them.

Before beginning to share more, let me give a bit about myself. I am 23 years old and have not lived with music for long. I have limited knowledge on music, no genuine headset, no no good sound system. I myself can not even distinguish whether the sound is of the bass or of a guitar. But I keep listening to music in my way!


My music is from Vietnamese to Korean. American and British music are also in the playlist. Neither do I classify music nor choose some music genres to listen. I simply listen to every kind of music and listen to the emotion.

I do not even know what the blue is or how the jazz is like. I just know there are voices, there are mixed works with the melodies making me feel crazy or moved, or sometimes weep tears while I am enjoying them.

I am not gifted good ears. I cannot even sing a single note. But I still know, I'm listening to music, feeling the tunes, and enjoying every sound that reaching the ears.

Music, to me, is the feeling of emotion, but not a market commodity, not a medal, not a thing to show off profound knowledge.

It is probable that Nguyen Hoang Phong in an the article "I hate Kpop, it is too bad" has gifted ears, a good sound system. Also, he probably is able to feel and distinguish if it is a guitar note or a bass sound.

But I wonder if he can feel the passion and the soul a singer has in his performance, if he can feel the depth and the emotion of the tunes reaching his ears and if what he can feel is only the sound material covering every note.

He says he cares much the source of a song, which singer sings the song he is listening, which album it comes from, and even the year the album was realeased. Yeah, how much he cares himself!

How about me? I am just such a sloppy. Sometimes I can not remember the name of a favorite singer. I do not know which album the song I often listen to is in. Neither did I know whether the singer of the song I am listening to is famous or not, whether the song I like is in Billboard or not. And, sometimes, the music I hear is not of a well-known singer, but just a very ordinary person.

But if I make a big problem?

I still love music, still like the melody, still sway the body, still make tears, still sing along for each emotion. I could not know who they are, but I enjoy what I consider as their success. I may not know whether they are famous or not, but I am moved by the soul they have in every single word they produce.

To sum up, what I mean is that music is to listen and feel, neither to judge nor to weigh. There is no need to listen music in search of who creates it. Music is supposed to foster everyone's soul, not to limit the soul.

If you appear the one who limit your soul, whether you are equipped with luxury things to listen or you are in a professional music program, you are only a frog in colorful cloth staying at the well bottom to look up to the huge open sky!

(Vnexpress)