Fotoget blogspot homepage

Thythy, a little girl in Switzerland who can speak Vietnamese

My experience of teaching my daughter to speak Vietnamese in Switzerland page 4

Sometimes, I was also "generous" to let her listen to a little Italian or English after learning Vietnamese. I gave much effort in it day after day and ThyThy now has loved Vietnamese songs back and from then on, she loves all three languages, there is no bias in favor of any language.

Now Thythy is almost 6 years old but she knows a lot of Vietnamese language, a lot of words, including dialects of central Vietnam.

When she is out, she often tells others that she can speak 3 languages. Listening her speak Vietnamese, everyone often gives complements, which makes her love and be proud of her mother tongue. Whether at home or out in streets, the language that she speaks to me is always Vietnamese. She doesn’t feel shy to speak and sing Vietnamese for people living here, but very proud of it.

Thanks to the compliments everyone has given, I feel more confident in teaching Vietnamese to Thythy. I usually tell ThyThy that everyone gives complements to her; for she can speak 3 languages, so she should always try to learn to not forget what she has already known, knowing many languages will be very good for the brain, if we want to learn another language in the future, it will be very easy.

These are experiences I have gained and are being used every day in teaching Vietnamese for my girl. We hope that this experience will be a useful share for many dads and moms. I wish every child living overseas is better and better at Vietnamese.

Đồng An
My experience of teaching my daughter to speak Vietnamese in Switzerland page 1
My experience of teaching my daughter to speak Vietnamese in Switzerland page 2
My experience of teaching my daughter to speak Vietnamese in Switzerland page 3